Bohemia, New York (May 2018) Data Device Corporation (DDC) introduces the 7809C, a new latch-up immune version and drop-in replacement for the widely deployed 7809A, 16-bit serial output analog-to-digital (A/D) data converter. The 7809C is single event latch-up immune and features improvements in performance, including lower power dissipation, while remaining a highly reliable and cost effective space solution.
The A/D converter utilizes DDC's radiation mitigation RAD-PAK® Technology, enabling DDC to deliver the latest commercially available microelectronics in a space qualified package, providing a cost optimized space grade solution. DDC's patented RAD-PAK® packaging technology incorporates radiation shielding in a hermetic ceramic package. This technology greatly improves TID tolerance. Since inception, more than 20 years ago, our electronic components and single board computers have experienced zero failures in space!
- Proven Reliability
- Hermetically sealed ceramic flat package with RAD-PAK® radiation-hardened shielding
- Single Event Latchup Immune
- RAD-PAK® packaging technology has been qualified by NASA, ESA, JAXA and thousands of missions for over 20 years without any flight failures
- Optimized Performance
- 100kHz min sampling rate
- ±10V and 0V to 5V input range
- +5V supply operation
- Utilizes internal or external reference
- 16-Bit Serial output
- Low power dissipation: 100mW max
“DDC’s 7809C analog-to-digital converters are direct drop-in replacements for our popular 7809A series, and features latch-up free operation, along with tighter parametric tolerances and lower power dissipation, to provide a highly reliable and optimized rad-hard solution for space applications”, stated Mark Tiddens, DDC Product Manager, Radiation Hardened Microelectronics.