Bohemia, New York (April 2018) Data Device Corporation (DDC) introduces a high performance DSP based family of programmable, turnkey motor controllers designed to precisely control the position, torque, and speed of 3-phase BLDC motors, with maximum reliability. The high power density 80V/30A rated MC-5000 series BLDC motor controller operates over an extended -40°C to +105°C temperature range, and is available in configurations to support motors that utilize a Hall sensor for torque and speed control, or absolute PWM and incremental encoder feedback for position control. The device is fully configurable through the provided CANopen control interface, and can be programmed, via an easy-to-use Graphical User Interface (GUI), enabling it to deliver optimal motor performance with a wide variety of brushless DC motors and loads. Additionally, ease of programmability reduces time-to-market costs and in-house development efforts by enabling key system parameters to be tuned to optimize performance during development, and then, if needed, reprogrammed for use with additional applications and motors. Beyond these cost and time saving benefits, the MC-5000’s compact, highly-efficient single-module design provides Size, Weight, Power and Cost (SWaP-C) savings by combining control and power amplification into a single solution, minimizing output losses and eliminating the need for a second printed circuit board and interface. The precision motion control performance of the MC-5000 makes it an ideal solution for single axis, point-of-load industrial applications, including: pump control, electric actuators, electric valve control, fuel pumps, industrial robotics, antenna/camera position control, unmanned vehicle electric drives and thrusters, autonomous guided vehicles, and medical diagnostics control.
- Compact, high power density, fully integrated solution reduces in-house development risk and time-to-market
- Complementary four-quadrant drive
- Supports driving and braking in both directions
- Minimizes power dissipation
- Provides holding torque for high accuracy positioning for critical applications
- Comprehensive programmability enables tuning of key parameters for optimal motor performance and allows one motor controller to be used with a variety of motors across multiple application platforms, saving inventory and operations costs
- High MTBF provides high system reliability
“DDC’s new MC-5000 torque, speed and position motor controllers offer the ideal combination of high performance, power saving efficiency, and programming flexibility, making them the ideal plug-and-play solution for high-reliability applications with limited space,” stated Michael Agic, DDC’s Product Line Manager.